Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ollister

Maybe this chart will help me keep my children straight. My wife and I are so sleep-deprived that we've been calling both our sons Ollister. Oliver is three while Alistair was born last month.

Oliver: naps when it's raining or after being asked to spell more than about ten words.

Alistair: naps if you walk around with him in your arms, or turn on the sink.

Oliver: smiles mostly when awake.

Alistair: smiles right after nursing, and a lot when he's asleep.

Oliver: loves Cosmic Collisions, a film at the Franklin Institute, viewable after putting on bulky coats, driving downtown and finding a parking space, and walking through the Human Heart and Space Command, where we first build rover cars.

Alistair: likes it when I spin the blue lampshade by the bed.

No comments: