Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mr. Hendrix's Neighborhood

Little Einsteins is a good show to put on if you've got a toddler and an infant, the toddler clapping along to give the Einsteins' rocket power, the infant listening to the classical music while facing away from the screen.

I watched so much TV as a kid that I began studying cartoons and educational programming for hidden messages, or stories in which the good guy/girl did not win every time. Here is what I found.

The bottom circle in the traffic light in Mr. Rogers's house was definitely blue, not green, and I discovered Jimi Hendrix at a very early age because he sang, "The traffic lights they turn blue tomorrow."

The Really Rottens, the evil team in the Laugh Olympics, actually came in first one week. I am not imagining this.

And lately, I've noticed that old episodes of Sesame Street are labeled "May Not Be Appropriate For Children."

No comments: